Col. Jacquelyn L. Marty is the Vice Commander, 349th Air Mobility Wing, Travis Air Force Base, Calif. She assists the commander in leading more than 2,700 Airmen. It is the largest Reserve associate wing in the Air Force, providing combat ready crews and support for the KC-10 Extender, C-5M Super Galaxy and C-17 Globemaster III aircraft. The wing mobilizes mission-ready Airmen in agile combat support to fulfill expeditionary joint war-fighting requirements, and administers medical care and patient transport worldwide.
Col. Marty was commissioned after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in 1990. She served in numerous operational positions before joining the Air Force Reserve in 2000. She has held staff positions at the headquarters, major command and Numbered Air Force levels. She has 18 operational deployments serving in four geographic combatant commands. Prior to assuming her current duties she was the commander, 713th Combat Operations Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
While at the Pentagon, Col. Marty wrote executive air transportation policy, coordinated special air missions activity for worldwide airlift of the President, Vice President, Cabinet, Congress, and other high ranking United States dignitaries and members of foreign governments. As chief, tanker training, 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif. she ensured the combat readiness, operational effectiveness and aircrew training of nearly 300 units in 14 tanker and airlift wings. As an instructor/evaluator pilot in the KC-10A Extender aircraft, she conducted tanker, receiver and airlift operations worldwide and commanded 135 combat and combat support missions, during Operations SOUTHERN WATCH, NORTHERN WATCH, DESERT STRIKE, DESERT SCORPION, ALLIED FORCE, ENDURING FREEDOM and IRAQI FREEDOM.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Political Science, International Affairs, Russian, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1992 Intelligence Officer School, Goodfellow Air Force Base, Texas
1992 Joint Employment Tactics School, Ellsworth AFB, S.D.
1997 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2008 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2010 Master of Arts, Education, Central Michigan University, Camp Pendleton, Calif..
2012 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2013 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington D.C.
2014 Air Force Nuclear Fundamentals Course, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2014 Senior Leader Nuclear Management Course, Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2014 Theater Nuclear Operations Course, Defense Threat Reduction Agency, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2015 Advanced Nuclear Concepts, Air Force Nuclear College, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
2015 Advanced Joint Professional Military Education, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
2016 Safety and Accident Investigation Board President Course, Barksdale AFB, La.
2017 Air Force Forces Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
2017 Joint Air & Space Operations Senior Staff Course, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1. September 1990 - October 1991, Student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Laughlin AFB, Texas
2. October 1991 - July 1992, Student, Intelligence Officer School, 3490th Technical Training Squadron, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
3. July 1992 - August 1994, Chief, Target Intelligence, 410th Bombardment Wing, K.I. Sawyer AFB, Mi.
4. September 1994 - December 1999, KC-10A Aircraft Commander, Executive Officer, Scheduler, and Command and Control Officer, 9th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. February 2000 - December 2003, KC-10A Aircraft Commander, 76th Air Refueling Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
6. January 2004 - July 2007, KC-10A Instructor Evaluator Pilot, Assistant Flight Commander and Chief, Squadron Training, 70th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. August 2007 - February 2010, Chief, Tanker Training, 4th Air Force, March Air Reserve Base, Calif.
9. March 2010 - August 2013, Chief, Congressional Travel Branch, Special Air Missions, Office of the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff of the Air Force, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
10. September 2013 – December 2017, Reserve Advisor to the Commander and Director of Reserve Affairs, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale AFB, La.
11. January 2018 – June 2020, Commander, 713th Combat Operations Squadron, Beale AFB, Calif.
12. July 2020 – present, Vice Commander, 349 Air Mobility Wing, Travis AFB, Calif.
Rating: Command pilot
Flight hours: More than 4,500, including 575 combat hours
Aircraft flown: T-37, T-38, KC-135A, B-52H, T-1A, KC-10A, KC-135R, C-40C, and B-737
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device, eleven oak leaf clusters
Combat Readiness Medal with ten oak leaf clusters
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
(Current as of July 2020)