|COLONEL NANCY J. BROOKS|
Colonel Nancy J. Brooks is commander of the 349th Mission Support Group, one of four groups assigned to the 349th Air Mobility Wing, Air Force Reserve Command, Travis Air Force Base, Calif. As group commander, she is responsible for the administration and development of programs to develop and train support personnel to achieve ready status in accordance with Air Force, Air Force Reserve Command, and Air Mobility Command policy. Mission Support Group services include personnel, training, information management, lodging, food services, security forces, civil engineering, explosive ordnance disposal, disaster preparedness, airfield management, aircraft loading and passenger movement, logistics readiness and communications and computers.
Colonel Brooks received a direct commission as a Medical Service Corps Officer in 1988. After two years as a traditional reservist, she accepted an Air Reserve Technician position as a Logistics Planner. She's served in a variety of Air Force Reserve Command units as a Logistics Operations Officer, Squadron Commander, Numbered Air Force Staff Officer and, most recently, she commanded the 913th and 934th Mission Support Groups at Willow Grove ARS NAS, PA and Minneapolis-St Paul ARS IAP, MN.
1987 Bachelor of Science, Business, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, Calif.
1997 Master of Arts, Psychology, Chapman University, Orange, Calif.
1997 Squadron Officer School
2002 Air Command and Staff College
2005 Air War College
1. April 1979 - April 1980, Operating Room Technician, 6253rd US Army Hospital, Hamilton Field, Calif.
2. April 1980 - December 1985, Medical Technician, Training Manager, Travis AFB, Calif.
3. December 1985 - January 1988, NCOIC, Administration, 349th Demand Chain
Management, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. January 1988 - August 1990, Medical Services Officer, 349th United States Air Force
Clinic/65th Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. August 1990 - August 1997, OIC, Logistics Plans and Programs, 349th Logistics
Support Squadron, Travis AFB, California
6. August 1997 - September 1998, Operations Officer, 452nd Logistics Support Squadron,
March ARB, Calif.
7. September 1998 - June 2002, Commander, 452nd Aircraft Generation Squadron,
March ARB, Calif.
8. July 2002 - September 2003, Chief, Resources Branch, 22nd Air Force, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
9. September 2003 - April 2005, Chief, Maintenance Engineering Branch, 22nd Air Force,
Dobbins ARB, Ga.
10. April 2005-February 2006, Commander, 913th Mission Support Group, Willow Grove Air
Reserve Station, Pa.
11. February 2006 - May 2009, Commander, 934th Mission Support Group, Minneapolis-St
Paul Air Reserve Station, MN
12. May 2009 - Present, Commander, 349th Mission Support Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with four oak leaf clusters
Air Reserve Forces Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal with one bronze service star
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
AF Longevity Service Award with one silver and one bronze oak leaf cluster
Armed Forces Meritorious Service Medal with hourglass and "M" device
Small Arms Expert Marksmanship Ribbon (M16)
Air Force Training Ribbon
Army Service Ribbon
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant Jan. 28, 1988
First Lieutenant Feb. 23, 1990
Captain Aug. 13, 1992
Major Aug. 28, 1997
Lieutenant Colonel Sept. 12, 2002
Colonel Feb. 16, 2006
(Current as of June 2009)